Out Of 911 Babies Dumped In Malaysia, Less Than 40% Survived In the Last 8 Years - The Coverage

Out Of 911 Babies Dumped In Malaysia, Less Than 40% Survived In the Last 8 Years

This is seriously sad to hear, this is the cause of not using protection!

Women, Family, and Community Development Deputy Minister Hannah Yeoh said, in Malaysia, a total of 911 babies have been abandoned since 2010 to August 2018, and of that number, 585 babies had died and 326 babies were found alive.

Source: Mole

However, according to The Star, the statistics did not reveal whether the babies were from teenagers.

Selangor was recorded to have the highest number of baby dumping cases at 215 babies while Sabah was the second highest with 113, followed by Johor with 104, and Kuala Lumpur with 83 cases.

Additionally, 79,302 cases of teenage pregnancies (below 18) were recorded between 2012 and 2016. Last year, the National Health and Morbidity Survey found that only 10% of teenagers used contraceptives.

Source: The Star

It is learned that Yeoh had urged mothers earlier this month, who cannot look after their babies to hand them to OrphanCare Foundation instead of dumping them. She added that there is no need for these women to be overcome by guilt or shame.

“If you are pregnant and don’t want the baby, we want the baby. Don’t kill the baby. Give it up for adoption.”

She added that OrphanCare has received over 300 babies within the past 10 years. The non-governmental organization has three baby hatches located in Petaling Jaya, Sungai Petani, and Johor Bahru.

OrphanCare baby hatch | Source: NST

Yeoh revealed that the babies who were rescued by the Welfare Department would also be placed in a foster care programme, where 80% of the babies were usually adopted. The remaining 20% often stay with the Welfare Department as health issues prevent families from adopting them.

The ministry also provides shelter for women and teenagers who get pregnant out of wedlock.

Yeoh encourages the public to end the stigma surrounding teenage pregnancy in order to prioritize the health of the mother and baby.

Do not throw your babies away! Give them to the OrphanCare Foundation if you’re unable to care for your baby!

(Source: Says / The Star / Free Malaysia Today)

1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. Hamizan

    May 1, 2020 at 00:15

    is power flower sold in Malaysia? (YES) WASAP(+)601117227296 https://youtu.be/erNnF5uah7U

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

To Top