Tan Sri Shahrir Abdul Samad, the Johor Bahru Member of Parliament officiates the opening of the first and only muscle car dealership – 23 Motors Sdn Bhd last Saturday.
The new innovative showroom and gallery stretches across an acre at Jalan Dato Abdullah Tahir in Johor Bahru is also known as District 23 among the locals.
District 23 consists of a showroom, sales gallery, service gallery manned by highly trained technicians and equipped with the latest tools and technology, five-star cafe, car wash and detailing center as well as a cozy lounge for customers and buyers to sit and relax.
Datuk Kaathir Mustaffa, the Managing Director of 23 Motors Sdn Bhd, said that although the company was only established in January 2016, it has received overwhelming response from enthusiasts, as well as members of the public from all around the region.
In conjunction with the launch of 23 Motors Sdn Bhd, a total of 12 muscle cars worth RM15 million were auctioned out at the event, which was also graced by the presence of Datuk Ramli Johari, the head of the Royal Malaysian Customs Department of Johor, as well as the Johor Bahru District Police Chief, ASP Sulaiman Salleh. Some of the notable cars includes popular machines featured in Hollywood blockbusters such as the Fast & Furious and the Transformers. The twelve cars and three bikes final bid price are as follow.
- MCLAREN MP4 – 12C 3.8L V8 – RM1.15MIL
- CHEVROLET CAMARO SS 6.2 V8 – RM 310K
- CHEVROLET CAMARO CABRIOLET 4.6L – RM 300K
- CHEVROLET CAMARO 3.6 – RM 290K
- FORD MUSTANG GT 5.0 V8 – RM 310K
- FORD MUSTANG GT CABRIOLET – RM 300K
- FORD MUSTANG GT500 SHELBY – RM 500K
- FORD MUSTANG 1967 – RM 300K
- DODGE CHALLENGER SRT8 6.2L – RM 600K
- DODGE CHALLENGER 3.6 – RM 340K
- HUMMER H2 6.0 – RM 370K
- CADILLAC ESCALADE ESV 6.2 – RM 400K
- HONDA CBR 1000 FIREBLADE 2011 – RM 50K
- HONDA CBR 1000 FIREBLADE 2011 – RM 75K
- BMW S1000RR – 2011 – RM 60K
District 23 is open daily from 9am to 9pm at No.13A, Jalan Dato Abdullah Tahir, and can be contacted via phone at 07-3332323.