PLUS highway going cashless by 2017 - The Coverage Automotive
Guides

PLUS highway going cashless by 2017

All PLUS highways will be using the Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) system next year, according to PLUS managing director Datuk Noorizah Abd Hamid.

As of now, 23 out of 94 PLUS toll plazas have been converted to the ETC system, with the rest to follow by next year. Cashless collection has also begun at nine new toll plazas: Hutan Kampung, Alor Star Utara, Alor Star Selatan, Pendang, Gurun, Sungai Petani Utara, Sungai Petani Selatan, Bertam and Sungai Dua.

During a site visit at Sungai Dua toll plaza yesterday, Noorizah said that approximately 90% of PLUS highways users have already switched to the new payment method (Touch n’ Go and SmartTAG). She also urged the remaining 10% to make the switch soon.

“We can make between 600 to 1,000 transactions per hour for electronic transactions compared to 180 transactions per hour for cash payments,” she added.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Loading...
To Top