SHARE : TO CELEBRATE LEE CHONG WEI 5th TITLE VICTORY ( Hong Kong Super Series Open )
- The 1st badminton player to beat Lin Dan and Chen Long back-to-back in a tournament
- The first badminton player to win all Superseries and Superseries Premier
- Winning his 5th title in just 5 months time
- A player with overall 84% winning rate
- Current World Ranked No 6 Player from 180th in 5 months time
- Age 33 still GREAT and CONSISTENT
- Winning 2 Super Title Series in a Week Time ( China and Hong Kong )
LEE CHONG WEI WINS HONG KONG SUPER SERIES 2015 ( 22.11.2015 )
Lee Chong Wei won his third consecutive Super Series title at the Hong Kong Open Super Series Championship. He had defeated China’s Tian Houwei in 2 sets. ( 21 – 16 , 21 – 15 ).
This is his 5th title in year 2015. ( U.S Open, Canadian Open, the French Open, China Open and Hong Kong Open ).
Lee Chong Wei’s world ranking in badminton dropped from 1st place to the 180th after the alleged doping scandal. However, after things were cleared up, he flew back up the rankings into the no.6 spot with 64,983 tournament points by winning the U.S Open, Canadian Open, the French Open, and the most recent China Open. In just a brief interlude of 5 months, he regained his status in the ranking, moving him up from 180th place to the 6th spot on the list. No badminton player in history has ever made such a big leap ever, especially in that short period of time.
He had also triumph against World current No 1 Ranked Player Chen Long in this Hong Kong Super Series Open in the quater-final. He won the quarter-final clash 13-21, 21-19, 21-15 in one hour and 25 minutes.
Our legend will be will be taking part in the Macau Open that starts on this Tuesday. We Malaysians hope that Lee Chong Wei will continue to win in the next Macau Open to collect his 6th badminton Championship title.