A 16-year-old student was recently discovered dead in his home at Kampung Gaing Baru Pedas, Negeri Sembilan while he was sleeping.
Oh no, this is such a tragic loss! Many of us like to use our phones while they are charging but this can lead to detrimental consequences. A 16-year-old student was recently discovered dead in his home at Kampung Gaing Baru Pedas, Negeri Sembilan while he was sleeping. Source: Facebook Based on a report by Sinar Harian, the boy identified as Mohd. Aidil Azzahar Zaharin was found dead at around 12.45pm on Monday (December 4) by his mother when she saw that he looked like he was motionless.
He was found with his charging smartphone and was wearing his earphones while sleeping in his bed. Apparently, the cause of death was due to electrocution from his charging smartphone that travelled to his body through his earphones. District police chief Deputy Superintendent Anuar Bakri Abdul Salam said that the boy’s mother had left for work at around 7.45am and saw Aidil lying on the floor of the bedroom and thought that he was still asleep.
She went home during lunchtime but was surprised to see her son still in the same position in his room so she went in to wake him up. His mother said that when she tried to wake Aidil up and touched him, his body felt cold. She immediately contacted a nearby clinic and a medical officer rushed over to the house to check on the boy.
The boy was confirmed to have passed away hours earlier. Checks on Aidil’s body showed that there were no signs of bruises or wounds except for his left ear, which was bleeding and had burn marks. Anuar Bakri said, “It is believed that the victim was wearing the earphones that were connected to the charging smartphone that was beside him.”
Seorang remaja lelaki meninggal dunia ketika sedang tidur akibat terkena renjatan elektrik daripada telefon bimbit yang sedang dicas di rumahnya di Kampung Gaing Baru Pedas di sini, semalam.
Mohd Aidi Azzhar Zahrin, 16, disedari meninggal dunia oleh ibunya jam 12.45 tengah hari selepas mendapati mangsa tidak sedarkan diri.
Ketua Polis Daerah Rembau, Deputi Superintenden Anuar Bakri Abdul Salam berkata, ibu mangsa yang telah pulang ke rumah untuk makan tengah hari bersama anaknya berasa tidak sedap hati apabila mendapati mangsa tidak bangun dari pagi.
“Sebelum keluar jam 7.45 pagi untuk pergi kerja, wanita berkenaan yang berusia 51 tahun melihat mangsa dalam keadaan tertiarap di lantai bilik tidur dan menyangkanya masih tidur.
“Tapi, apabila pulang ke rumah untuk makan tengahari, mangsa dilihat masih berada dalam posisi sama,”katanya kepada Sinar Harian.
Menurutnya, wanita itu cuba mengejutkan mangsa, tetapi tidak menunjukkan sebarang tindak balas selain mendapati badannya sejuk.
Beliau berkata, pegawai perubatan yang membuat pemeriksaan lanjut mengesahkan mangsa telah meninggal dunia.
“Pemeriksaan pada fizikal mangsa tiada kesan lebam atau luka kecederaan melainkan di telinga sebelah kirinya ada kesan darah.
“Ketika itu mangsa sedang memakai ‘earphone’ dan telefon bimbitnya yang berada bersebelahan telinganya sedang dicas,”katanya.