Anwar Support In PKR Has Dwindled Down To A Position That Should Not Qualify Him As President - “At Branch & Division Levels, He’s Gone” - The Coverage
News

Anwar Support In PKR Has Dwindled Down To A Position That Should Not Qualify Him As President – “At Branch & Division Levels, He’s Gone”

A well placed source from PKR met TTF today and confirmed that Anwar’s support in the party has dwindled down to a position that “should not qualify him as president.”

According to Rafii (not his real name), even Anwar is oblivious of the fact that his support base is down to 19 Members of Parliament (MPs), not 22.
Meanwhile, FMT reported yesterday that a source close to Baru Bian labelled the PKR convention held in Sarawak yesterday a failure, with less than 500 members attending.

According to the report, the convention, opened by Anwar, was held on instructions from the national leadership after Sarawak PKR chairman Bian had said it should be cancelled.

PETALING JAYA: A well placed source from PKR met TTF today and confirmed that Anwar’s support in the party has dwindled down to a position that “should not qualify him as president.”

According to Rafii (not his real name), even Anwar is oblivious of the fact that his support base is down to 19 Members of Parliament (MPs), not 22.

MUST READ  PKR Letter Signed By The Party’s Secretary-General Saifuddin Nasution To Sabotage PPBM in Tanjung Piai - Stopping PKR Members From Voting & Pressure Tun M To Hand Over To Anwar

“Your estimate (of 18) was close, Anwar thought he had 22. But he has 19,” he said.

The evidence presented was irrefutable, with Rafii confirming that it would be released in parts “once Azmin is ready to move.”

When asked to elaborate what the move was, Rafii simply said “it’s not something you’d expect or something you’ve written about, but close.”

“At branch and division levels, he’s (Anwar’s) gone.”

Meanwhile, FMT reported yesterday that a source close to Baru Bian labelled the PKR convention held in Sarawak yesterday a failure, with less than 500 members attending.

According to the report, the convention, opened by Anwar, was held on instructions from the national leadership after Sarawak PKR chairman Bian had said it should be cancelled.

Speaking to FMT, a party leader aligned to Baru, who declined to be named, claimed that Anwar was unhappy with the outcome of the convention and did not meet or have discussions with any of the event organisers.

MUST READ  The Anwar for PM Movement Is Launching A Campaign To Ask Mahathir To Resign - Lim Kit Siang Will Make Sure Mahathir Goes To Jail

“They (the organisers) estimated about 1,500 people would attend but the hall can only cater for 600 people. Less than 500 people attended the event. It was an embarrassment,” the source was quoted as saying.

Another PKR member alleged that a payment of RM200 each had been made to those who attended.

However, one of the organisers, Miri PKR chief Michael Teo, denied the allegation.

He said that some members had boycotted the event, while others were confused about whether the convention was going to be held, but the number of those who attended was more than they expected.

Yesterday, I wrote:

On the 14th of November, Azmin spoke of hidden hands that wanted to prevent him from speaking out at the national-level congress.

The next day, Bian joined seven others in signing a statement telling the party’s “top national leaders” to listen to members or forget about holding a convention in Sarawak.

In other words, the majority in PKR Sarawak made a firm decision not to go ahead with the state-level convention until and unless Anwar agreed to discuss with Sarawak his decision regarding Azmin.

MUST READ  Theoretical Number of Seats For Mahathir-Azmin Faction : PKR Azmin Ali To Be Appointed DPM After CNY? - What Is To Happen To Anwar?

Anwar, however, ignored Bian and his men altogether.

On Friday, party sec-gen Dato’ Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail made it clear that the Sarawak convention would go on as scheduled, in line with a decision made by PKR’s Central Leadership Council and political bureau.

The youth wing, however, is divided over the issue.

Late Firday night, wing deputy Muhammad Ilham Idham said his team had decided to revert back to the original decision after listening to opinions by the majority, meaning, Azmin would be the one to officiate the national youth congress.

The next day, however, Akmal Nasrullah Mohd Nasir said the call made by his deputy “was not the official stand of the youth wing” and that the congress would be officiated by dating Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail in her capacity as Deputy Prime Minister.

Source : Third Force

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

Loading...
To Top