Malaysian Indian Man Brutally Beaten To Death In Police Custody - The Coverage

Malaysian Indian Man Brutally Beaten To Death In Police Custody

‘I could hear my husband screaming in pain,’ says wife of man who died in custody

The 38-year-old wife of S.Balamurugan told a hearing that she heard her husband screaming in pain while in the lock up two days before he died in police custody on Feb 8, according to AsiaOne.

“It was on Feb 6. He had gone out with a friend and later I received a call that he was arrested and brought to Bandar Baru Klang police station,” said Natthanan, the victim’s wife.

” When I got to the station the police said he was inside and that I can’t meet him. Approximately 45 minutes later, a group of policemen walked into the station, and shortly after I heard my husband screaming,” she said.

Asked to describe the scream, she could tell that the 44-year-old Balamurugan was wailing in pain. 

“I couldn’t really make out what he was saying. He was just in a lot of pain. I heard others shouting as well,” she said, speaking in Thai through an interpreter.

“I just choked hearing him scream like that,” she said while desperately trying to wipe the tears off her face.

She claimed that after waiting for a long time, the police asked her to go home and added that she only saw Balamurugan in court the next day, adding that he looked weak and haggard.

The last time she saw Balamurugan alive was at the North Klang police station where he was taken despite having his remand rejected.

“He ate a little bit of the rice I brought him and finished up the drink I got him. He always spoke a lot but that day he was quiet. I just cried,” she said.

Natthanan said that she was told the next morning that Balamurugan was sent to the hospital as he had an accident.

“Soon after I reached the hospital, I learned that he was dead and then I was let into the morgue to see his body,” said Natthanan who was married to Balamurugan for 11 years.

The first post-mortem conducted on Balamurugan who allegedly died in the North Klang police lock up on Feb 8 stated that he died from heart problems.

However a second post-mortem on Balamurugan’s body was conducted by HKL upon the instructions of the Shah Alam High Court on Feb 15, and this post-mortem determined that he had suffered multiple beatings.

Meanwhile 16-year-old Ang Kian Kok who was arrested on the same day as Balamurugan  alleged that Balamurugan was slapped many times and punched in the chest and the abdomen up to 10 times.

MUST READ  Datuk Abdul Aziz Sheikh Fadzir : Take Action Against 1MDB CEO Arul Kanda Who Lied - Issuing Misleading Statements
1 Comment

1 Comment

  1. DarkLord

    June 18, 2017 at 03:50

    Polis DIRAJA Malaysia ARE FUCKING BASTARDS!!! USELESS Government Agency!!!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

To Top