'Muslim Only Laundry' In Johor Causes Outrage Among Netizens - The Coverage
Malaysia

‘Muslim Only Laundry’ In Johor Causes Outrage Among Netizens

Malaysia is known to be a country united in race, religion and culture. However, in every country there is always controversy when it comes to this issues. Just yesterday, the internet was going crazy about the news of a self-service laundry shop that only offered it’s services to Muslims.

So this laundry place is self-service however, they have a board that states it only caters to Muslim customers. The post went viral all over social media and led to many Malaysians (even Muslims) that took the stage to debate on this logic of segregation of clothes.

Netizens Don't Know What to Think of Muslim Only Self-Service Laundry in Muar - WORLD OF BUZZ 2

Source: World of Buzz

The Facebook post that was shared garnered loads of attention from netizens. News media, Sinchew said the signboard displayed, “Only for Muslim customers. Muslim-friendly. Please take off your shoes before entering.”

The laundry then changed their signboard after a week to a more detailed one instead,

“Muslim-friendly. This shop only accepts Muslim customers for sanctity factors. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please take off your shoes before entering.”

If you’re wondering where this laundry is located, it’s located in Muar, Johor. It has been operating for over a year and had no signboards right until a month ago. Even their machines were placed with signboards saying, “Only for Muslim customers.”

Not sure if this was a marketing strategy to grab attention, but it certainly did create loads of attention for this laundry shop.

But of course, Malaysians always have their opinions and thoughts to share! As World of Buzz reported, many were condemning the shop for such discrimination against other races and religion and even stated that it was bad because it is segregating people instead of being united. Some Muslim’s however explained their opinion saying,

MUST READ  Behind-The-Scenes Snapshots : Mahathir Granddaughter Ally Mukhriz Gets Married

“The motive of this shop is just to allow their Muslim customers to be able to clean their clothes well in order to go for their prayers. “Sometimes at these laundry shops, there may be customers who bring in clothes or fabric that may be contaminated with non-halal things such as saliva or fecal matter from dogs. We must have clean and pure clothes for our prayers so that it will be accepted.”

Harian Metro interviewed the Johor Mufti and asked for his comment regarding this issue. Datuk Mohd Tahrir Samsudin gave his comment by saying,

“Cleanliness is very important for our prayers so the existence of this laundry is good for those of us who have to use these services. Sometimes, we may hesitate before using these machines but now Muslims can wash their clothes without fear and we can perform our prayers knowing that our clothes are clean and pure.”

Hmm, what do you think of this issue? Is it a bad example for our younger generation today or is the comments and explanation good enough for you? Share your thoughts!

MUST READ  Dong Zong & Jiao Zong : UEC Students Won Bahasa Malaysia Choir And Writing Competitions Organised By Dewan Bahasa Dan Pustaka
11 Comments

11 Comments

1. Aglaya cody

May 5, 2018 at 07:35

Hi, Do you wish to be famous, wealthy and powerful? Be part of this elite organization called Illuminati filled with world leaders, business authorities, innovators, artists, and other influential members of this planet….to apply for membership DM me now🔺🔺🔺 Join Our Global Unity,add us up for more info ….via email ([email protected])

2. evis makon

May 28, 2018 at 16:43

Hello. viewer am here to share my
    testimony an how I finally join the
    Illuminati hood and became rich, I tried all
    my possible best to become a member of
    the hood but I was scam several times ,
    before I finally come across a testimony on
    net so I contacted the agent Dr Larry.
    Am so happy to say to the world that am one
    of the richest by having the sum of $ 360
    millions dollars in my personal account as a
    new member in Africa and am also known
    all over the world with the business given
    to me by the Illuminati and also have
    power to do that awhich I want . .. … I know
    so many people may be on my lane also
    looking for help .Here is our
    email: [email protected] You
    can get in touch with us. OR contact Dr. Larry
    +2348163807836.

3. CYBERTRON

June 29, 2018 at 19:34

In this cyber era everything is possible, no need to hire detectives to monitor your partner, no need to pay huge amount to lawyers and judges to reduce your sentence when you can just erase your criminal record either recent or past.
    with Cybertron you can do all these and more at less expense.

Cybertron deal with
    * Hacking(including all social media)
    * Tracking
    * Bank Jobs
    * Flipping cash(credit cards)
    * Taxes
    * Criminal record or any form of
    records
    * Schools/Universities upgrade
    * Military grade encryption, NASA
    encryption and decryption.
    You name it we do it all, we at your disposal 24/7
    contact : [email protected]

4. Mr Wealth

August 8, 2018 at 07:37

ALL HAIL THE GREAT ILLUMINATI BROTHERHOOD FINANCE GROUP ( A BROTHERS LOVE IS GOLDEN )

To get Fame, Power, Blessings, Riches, Prosperity and all Good things that you can enjoy here on earth, I want you to join the illuminati Brotherhood Finance Group today and you will be accepted to a new world of Wealth and Power, No matter your current condition you can have a new story because if you join the illuminati Brotherhood Finance Group , You will have good rewards

1. You will be given a first membership reward of 50,000$

2. And as you continue to spend time with us, you will be given cars and houses .

3. If you have any special talent you will be made very famous in your careers just like other famous artist you are hearing about in the USA entertainment industry.

Greetings
    4. If you have business plans, The Brotherhood will join hands to establish your business for you without demanding for any repayment from you because of the Oath of love we have for each other.

5. If you open up anything that bothers you to us, we will help you out.

To join kindly contact : [email protected]

or you can Whatsapp or text +16317433683 so that you can gain access to financial overflow.

You can also follow us on Instagram as the Illuminati Brotherhood Finance Group ( IBFG)

Thanks

5. illuminati paul

September 1, 2018 at 18:10

CONTACT Mr Joyice Paul call (+2348160801908 or WhatsApp him through this number +2348160801908 or email:[email protected] Hello everyone I am mr charles adamson from uganda, I am giving a testimony on how I joined the illuminati brotherhood, I was trying to join this organization for so many years now,I was scammed by fake agent in south Africa and Nigeria,I was down,I could not feed my self and my family anymore and I tried to make money by all miss but all invail, I was afraid to contact any illuminati agent because they have eat my money,One day I across a post of someone giving a testimony, thanking a man called paul smith of being helping him to join the illuminati brotherhood, then I look at the man email and the phone number that was written there, it was a nigeria number I was afraid to contact him because a nigerian agent eat my 200,000 and go away with the money then I was very tired, confused and I decided to contact the person that was given the testimony and i called him and I communicated with him on phone calls before he started telling me his own story about when he wanted to join, he told me everything to do, then I made up my mind and called the agent called paul smith and he told me everything to do, and I was initiated, surprisely I was given my benefit of being a new member of the great illuminati brotherhood I was so happy,For those of you trying to join this organization this is your opportunity for you to join CONTACT MR Joyice paul call (+2348160801908or WhatsApp him +2348160801908 or email:[email protected]

6. john pascal

September 18, 2018 at 03:02

FOR RICH, WEALTH, FAME, LOVE, POWER,and LUCK.

Welcome to the great temple of Illuminati worldwide
    I want to use this opportunity to tell the world about Mr Adams who finally helped me to become a full member of the Great Illuminati Brotherhood

To join Illuminati is easy…Join the Illuminate cult online today where ever you are and get instant sum of 10,000,000,USD[dollars]…/…What ever currency you want, with a free home any where you choose to live in the world and many other benefit as follows.We Make Your Business Grow Faster And Empower You…Are You A Musician,Footballer,Student,Pastor Politician,Doctor,Nurse, Actor/Actress Or Self-employed Business-Man/Woman Engineer Whatever You Are Doing For A Living Dose-Not Matters..

joining the Illuminati brings you into the limelight of the world in which you live in today your financial difficulties are brought to an end your inseams lengthen we support you both financially and materially to ensure you live a comfortable life in comfortable slacks “We are always watching out for you.” You can join from wherever you are,any part of the world[country] you are..,from the UNITED STATE down to the most remotes part of the earth we bring you all you want, it dose not matter being Literate OR illiterate Rich nor Poor anybody is advice to join If you are interested contact us now for all you seeks in life will comes to Reality. Email us now:[[email protected]]… /…or call +2348051980739 / whats-app
    say bye bye to poverty by joining Illuminati i never believe not until i finally join but now i am rich..this man is real he made me what i am today and i am very proud of me begin a Illuminati member… if they,can make me rich make me become something in life why don’t you join
    also for you to also be rich the money always flows through the members like an ocean that never runs dry contact him now for help to join :::: NOTE; That in this Great Brotherhood Of Illuminati No Bloodshed And No Humans Sacrifices is involved [We Don’t Kill For Anything] OK… Do not miss this opportunity THANKS….Our source of wealth and power is revealed to registered member only Power to win anything win-able…/…case,Lottery,To get your ex back,To healed,Whatever it is we can help

7. Andrew Bennald

October 24, 2018 at 04:56

WELCOME TO ILLUMINATI,; the Club of the Rich and Famous; is the world
    oldest and largest fraternity made up of 3 Millions Members.We are one
    Family under one father who is the Supreme Being. In Illuminati we believe
    that we were born in paradise and no member should struggle in this world.
    Hence all our new members are given Money Rewards once they join in order
    to upgrade their lifestyle.; interested viewers should contact us;
    on..([email protected])or call Mr Andrew fore more
    info..+2349035553397

8. Dr FREDDIE phd

October 31, 2018 at 06:03

The Illuminati is an elite organization of world leaders, business authorities, innovators, artists, and other influential members of this planet. To apply for membership, complete the form on this page. or reach us through our official email>>>> [email protected]

9. charles adamson

December 24, 2018 at 19:18

CHARLES ADAMSON People make life difficult for their self , we are in the world were everything is in control , i was living a life of poverty and pains, i never new there was a life be young that, but right now i enjoyed every dividend of life , am rich , famous , powerful,i live a life with out no stress, The brotherhood bought me a house and a car. for any body who want riches famous and power,house and a car then you have the chance to do that, join the illuminati today to get whatever you want in life and become rich and also get the same of $ 10,000,000,00 [USD] monthly for membership blessing. email us now ([email protected]) or text us +2347031524375/whats-app call or text us on whats-app .we don’t patronize people to join. If you are interested you contact us. say bye bye to poverty by joining Illuminati i never believe not until i finally join but now i am rich..this man is real he made me what i am today and i am very proud of me begin a Illuminati member… if they, can make me rich make me become something in life why don’t you join also for you to also be rich the money always flows through the members like an ocean that never runs dry contact him for help to join :::: NOTE; that in the Great Brotherhood of Illuminati no Bloodshed and no Humans sacrifices is involved [we don’t kill for anything] OK… Do not miss this opportunity THANKS….

10. Lordy Illuminat Jeffery

January 18, 2019 at 13:44

Good news!!! Good news!!!, Do you want to live a rich,healthy and famous life. Do you want to get rich immediately and be out of suffering? Do you want the world to recognize you and listen to you when you speak? do you want to be in power and control? if yes, here is a good tip just join the “ILLUMINATI ORGANIZATION”, you may ask “How Can I Join” , the answer is simple all you have to do is to contact us to ELEVATE YOURSELF FROM POVERTY..

Do not hesitate to contact us.

Phone number Text / Whatsapp: +15186011385
    Viber Users : +15186011385
    Email : [email protected]

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS, THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS MEMBERSHIP FEE AND YOU MUST BE ABOVE THE AGE OF 18YRS.

THANKS…….
    TEAM REGARDS
    PLAN ILLUMINATION

11. mary

February 17, 2019 at 13:57

Are you a business man or an artist,Politicians or pastor and you want to become big, Powerful and famous in the world, join us to become one of our official member today.you shall be given an ideal chance to visit the Illuminati and his representative after you meet the portal requirements for full membership is completed by you, no sacrifice, or human life needed, Illuminati brotherhood brings along wealth and famous in life, you have a full access to eradicate poverty away from your life now. it only a member who is been initiated into the church of Illuminati have the authority to bring any member to the church, so before you contact any body you must be link by who is already a member, Join us today and realize your dreams. we also help out our member in protection, once you become a member you will be rich and famous for the rest of your life, Illuminati make their member happy so you can also be members of the Illuminati. WHATS-APP VIA +2348132172660 or contact via email [email protected] for more info