Viral Video of Singaporean Man Bashing Dog in Puchong Gets RM8,000 Fine—Only! - The Coverage

Viral Video of Singaporean Man Bashing Dog in Puchong Gets RM8,000 Fine—Only!

furby at the court, attacked by singaporean businessman thumbnail

Remember viral video of the man bashing a dog with a helmet last April? The man was recently being sentenced to only RM8,000 fine for his cruel act.

In the viral video, we saw Singaporean businessman Yee Kok Chew cycling and got approached by the dog at a residential guardhouse at Bandar Kinrara, Puchong at 8.49pm, April 2, 2017.

The dog, later identified as Furby, approached and barked at the 57-year-old because Yee had a puppy the bicycle’s rear basket.


Before Furby could reach the man, he lost his balance and fell. It was then, Yee turned furious and attacked Furby viciously.

He held Furby by its neck and struck it with his palm repeatedly. The man pulled Furby over to a counter and continued the beating before sorting to a helmet nearby as a weapon.

The female security guard on duty tried to step in but Yee threw a blow at her to keep her away. A passerby told Yee to stop, but Yee protested and turned his attention back to Furby.


Yee continued hitting Furby with the helmet vehemently in full arm swing and bought it to the back of the guardhouse and started kicking it for about one minute.

A closed-circuit television (CCTV) captured the whole ordeal went viral online and soon after, Yee was charged with animal abuse under Section 44(1)(a) of the Animals Act 1953 (Revised 2006), which the sentence could go up to a fine of RM50,000 or a jail term not exceeding one year, or both.

furby at the court, attacked by singaporean businessman 2
Source: The Star

According to Malaysiakini, Magistrate’s Court fined Yee RM8,000 in default of eight months’ imprisonment after he pleaded guilty.

Magistrate Mohamad Ikhwan Mohd Nasir passed the sentence on Monday (Jan 8), which Yee had paid the fine.

Previously, Yee’s counsel Jerald Gomez appealed for a lighter sentence as Furby was not seriously injured and had fully recovered now.

“This is his first offence and it was not a premeditated offence. He does not hate dogs and in fact, owns a dog that he takes good care off.

“This mistake of his was caught on camera and it went viral on social media, causing him to lose two of his franchise business deals. The public were also outraged and threatened him on social media,” Gomez said, adding that Yee had donated RM5,000 to the Paws Animal Welfare Society as a way to make amends.

Deputy public prosecutor from the Veterinary Services Department Nabilah Mohammad Zanudin, however, advised the magistrate for appropriate sentence as a deterrent to Yee and the public, saying the offence was serious.

“This is a serious offence and a heavy sentence should be meted out so that he (Yee) does not repeat it and the public knows that such acts of violence against animals is frowned upon,” said the deputy public prosecutor.

furby at the court, attacked by singaporean businessman
Source: The Star

During the proceeding, the court heard a barking nearby, to which Nabilah told the magistrate that Furby was brought to the court that day. It led the magistrate to order a veterinary officer to bring Furby into the courtroom as he would like to see its condition.

Furby will be returning to its owner after a direct order from the magistrate following completion of the case.

You can watch the video of the incident here.



Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Most Popular

To Top